Wednesday 18 October 2017

A very productive day

Hi all 

Hope you are all well. 

I have had a few days off this week so I thought I will have a play around and get my crafting juices flowing as Christmas is coming. 

I am very lazy when it comes to making family and friend Christmas cards that it gets rushed last minute.

well this year...  I have shocked myself as well as I have made 10 cards already and there is another 10 to go tomorrow. 

So what have I been doing today I hear you cry.... Well Today I tried something new. water colouring. I have been inspired by a craft called Tina Martin She is very good at watercolour and her art work so far keeps making me think I should give it a go. I know I am not great but glad I had a play. I thought I start with something small. 

 So I made 6 of these, 1 being my test see how it goes design, I hit a few blocks with blending and getting the paint not to run out. Which you can see above, however I did not gave up and the other 5 are a lot better. so I die cut a circle around it and toppers done. 

Here is the topper complete ready to stick on to the card ๐Ÿ™‚
I did not want to have the whole thing done with water colouring so I done the leaves and berries with pro makers that way the focus can be on the robins. 

for the rest of the card I kept it simple. I embossed mirror card and cut to size and put my topper in the middle. So now it looks a like this....


and the set looks like this ....



That was the first 5. and todays final 5 are...

So this set took a bit longer but I think that's because of the work behind it. ๐Ÿ˜„
I found a fireplace embossing folder that I have not used in a while. This morning I thought I will bet my paints and rub on paints out and have a play around with different textures. Here is the outcome of my work. 


So for the fireplace I used rub on paints and then stamped the logs and fire in the centre using my Tim Holts Platform. (To be honest I would have not done this without it.)
I then cut around the edge of the fireplace and made the Christmas stockings and added foam pads to give the look they were hanging in front of the fireplace. 

For the backing paper I found this in my stash of magazines (Cardmaking and papercraft) trimmed it to fit an A6 card base. Matted and layered it all together, the final 5 for today looks a bit like this.


I hope you all enjoyed what I have done today.

Tomorrow I have plans to make a few more and I cant wait to share these ones to everyone when they are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment