Monday 28 September 2015

Preparing for Christmas

Evening all

I know its been a while. (OK May 2015) since my last post. I have had a very disruptive summer. My die cutting machine broke and had to fixed it, trying to clear out my living room from wooden stamps. sorting out my craft space and clearing out my cupboard. (Horrid job absolutely horrid) Had to get rid of lots of papers, and kits I will never use to make space for new stuff coming in.

Now I am getting back to crafting and creating new ideas for my cards and Jewellery making. So I thought I share some projects I am planning to do over the net few months before Christmas. :-)

if you have been following my blog since the beginning you will be aware that my crafting space gets taken over by the Christmas tree during the Christmas period. Early this year we sold our dining room table and chairs to make space for our new 360 litre fish tank. It is stocked with tropical fish and they are enjoying there new home since March.


Family Fish tank: Yes there are 14 tropical fishes, but they love to hide when the camera comes out

But then in June me and Dave looked at our living room and then it dawned on us. How are we going to decorate the living room now that we have the tank? Where will I work once the tree comes in and we have no dining table for me to finish up with the cards?

Oh no...What will I do?

The solution is to start my cards in October. Have them all made for my family and friends and come December I can move the table out and tree comes in. Also I will not have access to the printer for one month in December, so really need to get started and have inserts printed soon. (Project 1)

This month I celebrated my 32nd Birthday and my family have spoilt me rotten with loads of crafting goodies. I have a new book on Kumihimo knotting and loads of cords and accessories. with the addition of other card stencils, (oh my its was 3 weeks ago I had so much I cant recall what I got. LOL)
        Back to new skills :-) I have been practicing the basic for a bit and its great fun especially now I can do this on the sofa and watching TV and get lost in to it. I cant wait to show you what I do in the next few weeks.

Once I have made a few I plan to make bracelets and give them away as gifts to friends for chrstinmas. (Project 2)

I have treated myself with a few CD roms from Crafters Companions and cant wait to have a play with them in the next few months and see what cards I come up with. From now till the end of the year I have 4 birthdays and 1 wedding anniversary cards to make but I know I will get them all do and done by November. (Project 3)

Over the summer these are the cards I have done but did not have time to share with you all. Hope you like them.

Roald Dahl

For fathers day this year I had a browse through my  CraftArtist 2 software and created this card for my dad.


Using the same programme I used a different designer and made this glittery anniversary card for my parents.

 
Quilling

I tried quilling over the summer. I tried the basic circles I think I did very well hope to do more shapes and get better. ooh I have an idea for a birthday card coming up.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment