Sunday 8 March 2015

A Busy Weekend

Evening all 

Hope you are well?

I have been busy this weekend. My mission is to make 2 Birthday Cards, 2 Mothers Day Cards and 1 wedding card.

As you can imaging that will take a lot of planning. So I went with Mothers Day first. its only 1 week away and one of them I need to post out to my mum. I look for inspiration in Magazines and web forums. 

You might recall in my previous post, I am currently selling a set of "I love you Mum" Cards on folksy and I showed a draft version of what I was selling. here is the final product which I am sending to my mum this week. I do hope you all like it?

I have added a red backing card to take off the white edge and trimmed it down a little. I wont know till Monday if my mum loves it but I think she will.








For my mother -in-law It needed to be more pastel and soft. I bumped into an email from crating.co.uk loved the photos and downloaded the free paper pack and made something similar.

I created the sentiment using My Craft Studio and found some lace boarders in cupboard. 

I loved making the flowers it came with the pack and the shaped them to have the 3D effect and brushed a pink shimmer paint to make them shine a bit.

Mother's Day card down 3 more to make. 



Inspiration for Mothers Day Card

My friends birthday is coming up there personality's make my ideas easy to come up with. 






My friend Kristy is a girly girl and who better to get inspiration the our lovely beautiful Marylin Monroe. The best thing about CD Rom's is that my cupboard is not stacked up with paper stock that might not be used for ever so I printed off the sheets needed and made this card. I would be able to give her card and present till next week but I know she will love it. 







Another card I have made today is for My friend Ben. We recently watched The Guardians of the Galaxy and we all loved that movie that most of us have been either quoting lines or Signing the old songs that were in the film. 

So you can imagine my surprise when I found a "Music Mix Collection" from Do Craft download files and became very excited. 

I was tempted to add Mix Tape Vol. 1 on the cassette but I did find much fun making this card and cant wait to hand over in a few weeks time. 


2 more cards down 1 to go. 


My final card was the one that took the longest.

A friend at work is getting married in 6 week's. She is a Lovely lady and we work so well together even though I have been working in the department for 6 months. I used to think making a wedding card is easy as long as you have a design or template. But I found it hard as I really want her and her new husband to like it. 

So with much playing around here is the card I made for the newly weds. 



My weekend is done there is a few hours left in my Sunday, so I am going to watch Stargate SG1 with a cup of tea. Have a lovely week guys. 

Mel xx



No comments:

Post a Comment